Wednesday, April 14, 2010

4/14/10

Today's run: 2 miles
Week to date: 5 miles
Month to date: 12 miles

OK, first--I finally figured out that the strange, reddish USB mystery device that came with my little pink Sony Cybershot is actually a memory stick/card reader! Having lost the cords for my camera literally 2 months after I got the camera (summer '08), I am so psyched about this. And now, I can add pictures to this bad boy blog! :D

Today's run was meh. A pretty generic 2 miles, 18:45. I'm happy to be back sub-10min miles again, but the slow but steady is still frustrating.
Another slow but steady complaint: I am NOT doing this purely to lose weight, but I do have a short term goal weight I'd like to achieve. That, too, is taking fooorrreeevvveeerrr to achieve. I'm down 2 from where I started about a month ago, and I'm halfway to the short term of 4 pounds. Long term, 8 total. I'm hoping it doesn't take me another month to lose these next 2 pounds. In fact, I'm hoping it's 2 weeks. But, again, this is NOT my main focus. It's a side journey. Overall, a healthy lifestyle is what I'm REALLY shooting for here. Being ready to run a half marathon sometime in the near-ish future is what my real goal is.
And, you know what? Despite the random 5 inches of snow we got late last week, I think spring might really be here this time! Today is just downright beautiful. :)
OK, time to make something for dinner. This whole healthy eating this is a fun challenge. I'm loving it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...