Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Boom!

Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls, Children of all ages, I have an announcement:

Upon completion of today's run, I have hit 200 miles for the year. Last year, I hit this milestone on July 22, so I got here 4 months faster than last year. :) I still have a long way to go to double last year's yearly total of 450, but I'm definitely on a good pace to get there. 
I'm also on pace to have this be my biggest mileage month ever, as I'm already a full 10 miles over my previous record of 70, and I still have a full week to go, including a 10 miler later this week. I can't lie, this makes me pretty darn happy. 
Recaps:
Saturday 3/19: After work, I headed out on to the LakeWalk. Nothing special, just a nice, relaxed, easy run. I felt good, no real soreness from the previous day's long run. 4 miles, untimed.
Monday 3/21: I wasted a gorgeous day and ran on the Y treadmill. Blech. Meant to do 6, but realized I wasn't going to have the time. I also tried to hurry the 6 along by throwing in 400's at an 8:00 pace. Dumb? Probably. Fun? In a sick way, yes. Was I tired the rest of the day at work? You betcha. 4 miles in 33:53.
Wednesday 3/23: I really did mean to run yesterday with the training group at work, but the wind was just too heinous for me. They went anyway, I wussed out and hit the treadmill this morning. I felt pretty flat--no gas in the tank, really. Despite this feeling, I did a tempo run: 1 mile warm-up, 4 miles at just above goal pace (8:27), 1 cool down with a practice kick at the end. 6 miles in 51:33. 


I'm pretty pleased with how things have been going. :)

Sorry for the short post. I hope things are going well for everyone reading this! 
Have fun, all!


4 comments:

  1. Yeah for 200! I was just thinking on my run today how much further along I am compared to last year... good things happen when you just keep running.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You are killing the mileage! I'm sure you will meet all your goals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's so AWESOME!!! and four months early? that is so amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the 200! You're doing awesome!!! It's a windy mess here too! When is summer coming......

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...