Monday, March 15, 2010

3/15/10

I can't do my usual breakdown of what I did. That's because, well, I didn't do what I usually did.

See, last night, I got brave and finally tried the Wii Fit that's been living in my apartment for a couple weeks now. I am officially in love!
Though, it hasn't been without the "ugh" moment that comes with the weight measurement. Yes, I, like legions of other females out there, have self-confidence issues regarding my weight. But, anyway... I was really excited with the original number from my initial "weigh in". Like, really super happy. Then, I was informed that the balance board is pretty inaccurate on carpet. So, today, I set it on my much more stable coffee table and stood up on that. And then, that number shot up 8 pounds. Yeah. The Wii was like "wtf??" Yeah. OK, so the numbers all in all aren't that bad, but they aren't great. I was pretty happy with the number from yesterday as a starting point. This new number...gah.
Today was also my first experience with yoga poses. I like it, I really do, but either I'm doing something wrong, or my associations are off, because it didn't feel too much like a work out to me. I'm used to gasping for air, pouring sweat cardio aerobic stuff. This was different. I liked it, I really did, but it was different.
So, yeah.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Lindsey,

    regarding the Wii Fit yoga. It's a great intro into the exercise but unlike yoga that you do in a class, there is too much of a pause too much of a break. I did a hot yoga class awhile back and it's basically 90 minutes of non-stop yoga. Wii Fit is a great way to discover the poses and whatnot, but I'd recommend trying an actual class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, that does make a bit more sense. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...