Sunday, July 25, 2010

7/24/10--Rocketman

Yesterday's run: 3 miles
Week to date: 19 miles
Month to date: 59 miles

Whoa. I'm going to break 70 miles on the month?? I don't know if I've ever done that before. Ever. Wow. Just, wow.

Anyway. I didn't blog yesterday because things like eating, showering, and curling up with a beer, the boyfriend, and about 320942034980 stupid timewaster websites sounded so much better. That and I just plan forgot. Oh well.
So, Brandon was here, and he wanted to run with me. (I guess a combination of how I'm doing and how even being just a bit more active has helped him with hockey has inspired him to run more, which is awesome.) I got just the slightest bit disheartened because the last time we ran together (a 2 miler up in Houghton), I kept up with him the whole time and even out kicked him at the end. Though, to be fair, last time I was fresh and he was still sore from a run he had taken a few days earlier. This week, it was back to normal--he was off like a rocket and I hung behind. Still, it was a good quality 3 miler. SO close to 20 on the week. So close I can feel it! This week might be my week, though. I have my 1st 10 miler on Tuesday (I felt that particular day was appropriate), and I'm doing it in Houghton again so Brandon can bike along. I'm sure I can find some time to split up 10 more miles along the way. :)
That's all for today! Have fun, kids! :)

1 comment:

  1. looks like you're on track for a good finish in your 1/2 mar. We're proud of you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...