Thursday, February 17, 2011

100 in perspective

Ladies and Gentlemen, I have an announcement:
I have officially hit 100 miles on the year!
I know, some of you have hit that already, either in January or earlier this month. But, in my ongoing battle to keep my journey, if you will, in perspective, I looked back to see when I hit 100 miles in 2010. It was also on a 4 mile run, but it was on May 13, 2010. So, it took me nearly 1/3 of the time it did last year to hit this point, and I'm pretty sure that I didn't hit 100 miles at any point in 2009. Maybe very late in the year, but I'm doubtful. So, with a little perspective like that, it's reminds me that this is a pretty big personal accomplishment, and I'm proud. 100 down, and so many more to go. :)
Recap of the last few runs/workouts:
Monday: as I mentioned, I was trying to see where I could be comfortably. I ran 4 miles in 36:09.
Tuesday: 6 miles. I'm playing around with trying to run just around a 9:00 pace, preferably slightly under. I did the first 2 miles at 6.5 (about a 9:14 pace) to warm up a bit, then I did the last 4 at 6.7 (8:57 pace), with a speed increase in the last 1/2 mile. Surprisingly, I was very able to keep up a conversation in the beginning of the last mile with the guy on the machine next to me. There's an ego boost! I finished in 54:09, so overall about a 9:01ish pace. :)
Wednesday: cross training. This, I have a feeling, is going to be challenge for me. I did 30 minutes on bike, 15 on an arc trainer, and 30 on a stair climber. I left feeling physically challenged, but mentally pretty bored. I'm going to have to work on this.
Today: I had one goal. I was going to finish the 4 miler under 36:00. I did--35:44, with the treadmill at a 6.7 (8:57) pace and a kick in the last 1/2 mile. :) 

I bought myself a little present yesterday, too:
I finally bought the Operation Beautiful book! I have been wanting it for ages, and yesterday I bought it for my Kindle! :D
In keeping with that book, I've left 3 notes at the Y over the last few days, one in each of the lockers I've used and one on a mirror. I can't lie, doing that does make you feel good. :)

Have you hit a milestone or benchmark lately? How did it make you feel? Clearly, even though I needed to put it in perspective, I'm pretty happy about hitting both my mileage and my pace. 
Have you ever left an Operation Beautiful note? Where?

Have a great day, all! :)

6 comments:

  1. So awesome you hit 100! Don't ever down play how awesome achieving your goals are. It's all relative... some person's year goal is 100! Celebrate all the monumental mileage moments and continue to encourage and inspire those you meet along the way! Cheers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! That's a huge milestone!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 100 miles is awesome - and I haven't hit it yet this year, so congrats! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the miles girl!!! That's awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I left a operation beautiful note in my bathroom! hahaha... oh well, gotta start somewhere!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...