Wednesday, February 17, 2010

I've been slacking

Yes, it's true. I've been big time slacking. The only minor excuse I have was this cold/flu-like bug I came down with last week that kept me on the sidelines, but I was slacking before that, even. I'm ashamed, really. I'm better than this.

But, I'm going to look forward, not dwell on the past few weeks and what I haven't done.

Today's run: 3 miles
Week total to date: 3 miles
Month total to date: 3 miles

It felt good, all things considered. Usually the first run back after a longer time off or after sickness (and especially after BOTH) is craptacular in a lot of ways. Not today. My legs felt pretty good, my breathing was a little rough given the remnants of the cold that are hanging around but it was nothing too bad. My only complaint was a side stitch I got at about 1.25 miles, but it went away after the 2 mile mark.

I've also started a new challenge for myself--something to kind of get me primed and going before I start a half-marathon training program. It's Lent, and while I'm not particularly religious, I usually give something up or give myself a challenge to take on during the period. My challenge this year: run a total of 120 miles. I did the math--Lent is technically 46 days (the Sundays are not counted in the Western Christian Lent period)(Source), so it comes out to 2.6 miles per day. Giving myself at least one day off a week (I've gotta be realistic--days off are important and thinking I'll run every day would just be foolish), I'm gonna look at it as 3 miles per day. Obviously, I'm going to be working up toward longer runs, so it's not going to be 3 miler after 3 miler after 3 miler. I think I'd lose my mind if I did that. No.

I promise to keep up on this more.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...