Wednesday, September 1, 2010

9/1/10--Ragin' Non-Cajun

Today's run: 2 miles
Week to date: 9 miles
Month to date: 2 miles

You have to love doing an MTD count on the first day of the month, eh? That just sounds so weak.
Anyway, a run was not really on the docket for the day. However, another financial related meltdown inspired me to take off flying down the Bill Nichols like I was being chased by fire. Seriously, I was seeing red, and I had to let it out. I almost wish I would have timed this, because it had to have been fast.

After I got done, I was still seething mad. So, I then proceeded to circle the streets of South Range and Baltic, and hacked out another 2 miles. It wasn't a good walk, though--it was more of me trying desperately to find a healthy way to take out my anger, and really only getting myself more wound up. It could have been worse--I have had worse coping mechanisms in my life, that's for sure. At leastI didn't dive in to a bottle or in to the cupboards, right?

In other meltdown news, the race-day forecast is getting worse and worse. I might have to bust out some tights for this race... :( A HIGH of 60 and 25 mph winds from the north west? Yikes... I'm really trying to keep my mother's words in my head right now: "It doesn't matter what the weather dude says. It is going to be a great day and you will have fun!!" Still... it feels like the little details of the day are starting to go wrong, and that is stressing me out BIG time. Another reason to stress: Packet Pick Up is from 5-9. As of right now, we won't even be leaving South Range until 6:15-6:30. So, now, I'm looking at a rushed packet pick up, a late dinner, and trying to set up a tent in the semi-darkness? Oh, yeah, that's a fantastic night before a race.
I don't know... I'm just not feeling very positive about this right now. I hope to all things good that I can change that before Friday night/Saturday morning, but right now I have a massive stress headache.
Oye.

On a different note: on my brand new shiny personal blog, I'm taking part in Tina's 30 Days of Self Love Reflection project. I really recommend checking it out and giving it a try! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...