Monday, September 13, 2010

9/13/10--Thanks, Mom!

Today's run: 5 miles
Week to date: 8 miles
Month to date: 28.1 miles

Sorry for sounding like a broken record, but it is yet another gorgeous morning! I am definitely going to enjoy all this while it lasts, because before too long, I know I'm going to be waking up to this more often than not:
Winter Royalty Free Stock Photo
I'll tell you what, though: motivation was severely lacking when I woke up. Vegging on the couch with cinnamon coffee, PJ's, and my hideous yet insanely comfy slippers sounded like the best thing in the world. That's when Coach Mom and her Facebook Statues of Glory and Motivation stepped in:
OK, Mom. Thank you!

I didn't have a set mileage when I set out. I just decided I was going to go out, and base when I was going to turn around on how I was feeling. I wound up going 5, and now I'm wondering if that was the best idea. Do I regret the mileage? Not really--if nothing else it appeased the part of me that is having a temper tantrum over not getting in enough miles per week since the race, but I didn't feel that great toward the end, especially once I got past 3.
And, once again, I busted out the ice packs when I got back to my apartment. Knees. Oye.
I did it, though. I went out, put in the mileage, and like Coach Mom said I would in our status chat--I do feel better now that I've gone out and done it. :)

OK. I need some freaking breakfast. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...