Monday, October 4, 2010

10/4/10--Get it!

Today's run: 6 miles
Week to date: 8 miles
Month to date: 8 miles

So, it has been a few weeks since I've blogged. There have been a few reasons for this. For one, I just haven't been running much. Between a week back "home" in Gwinn, resting my knee, and then recovering from another twisted ankle, I just plain haven't been running. I only logged 32.1 miles for September, less than half what I ran for the previous 2 months. I expected a lower total, given I wasn't training anymore, but I am quite disappointed with that number. Honestly, I can feel myself in some ways backsliding in to inactivity and a severe lack of motivation, and it needs to stop now. I have come too far this year and especially this summer to let myself go back to being as inactive as I had been.
So, I am giving myself a goal for October: 50 miles in this month. Of that, I want one of those runs to be a double-digit. I feel this is realistic--it's comparable to what I was doing in April and May, with the added challenge of a double-digit to keep me motivated to do the shorter runs in preparation.

As for today's run, it went well! It was the longest I have gone since the half (which was a month ago already! Crazy!!) My knees started getting a little sore around 4.5, but it wasn't bad at all. In fact, I even had enough gas left to put in a pretty good kick at the end! :) It was fun, and a beautiful morning to boot. All in all, a great run. :D

OK, this veggie-hummus sandwich can wait no longer--it must be housed. Have fun, all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...