Monday, May 17, 2010

5/17/10--Bicycle! Bicycle!

Still up visiting the boyfriend. Therefore, being here without my shoes, I knew a workout today was going to have to be a bike ride. Safe to say, I think my childhood obsessive love with bike riding is coming back.
No, seriously, I would spend HOURS during my childhood/preteen years riding my bike around. Could that be why I only weighed about 70 pounds in 6th grade? Maybe. Who knows. Anyway... I woke up to another BEYOND gorgeous morning. (Seriously, UP? Thank you for this. It more than makes up for that snow garbage you gave me 10 days ago). Since I have the morning/day to myself while the boy sells paint, I decided to venture out on my own to get a bike ride in.
My original plan was to just bike along the road from Houghton to Chassell and back--about 11 miles. However, I made it about 1 mile and decided I needed to get the heck off the highway, especially since my helmet is AWOL. (Marquette, maybe? I don't know. I will remedy this ASAP.) I knew where I was at that the trail still ran parallel to the highway, so I jumped on there and headed back toward Houghton to do the same loop I did on Saturday with my boyfriend and his roommate. It. Was. Beautiful. Seriously. Just a perfect late spring morning--warm, sunny, just enough of a breeze to keep me from overheating. With my little addition, the ride came up just shy of 9 miles. Not bad--it felt good to get out in the sunshine and fresh air and to get moving. I really wanted to run, but not without my shoes. Oh well. Back to MQT tonight or tomorrow, and then a long, slow run then :)

3 comments:

  1. ... you do realize that the next step is to now get you in multisport, right? ;) if you don't want to get into swimming, there are always duathlons (run-bike-run) ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That actually sounds awesome! :) So, yes, that could be a future step.

    ReplyDelete
  3. look at you little miss future triathlete. :-) Glad you're enjoying working out. Keep it up, ok?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...