Friday, May 7, 2010

5/7/10--Seriously?

Today's run: 2 miles
Week to date: 14.89 miles
Month to date: 14.89 miles

In this edition of "Hey, look what I wore to run in today!", we bring you the latest in late-season cold/snow ensembles:
Yup. It is indeed the 7th of May, and I am wearing pants, a long sleeve over a t-shirt, a vest, gloves, and a hat. It is 35 (feels like 26), and we have a winter storm warning. No, I'm not kidding:




See. NOT KIDDING. :( I mean, yes I do consider myself a "Yooper", and yes, I realize these things do happen up here, but come on...
Oh well... the run. Basically it went down like this: I knew today was probably my last shot at getting out this week, so I took it. I went 2 because, well, I knew the rain that is kicking these festivities off was quickly approaching. So I went 2, and I ran like I was being chased. Was it fun? Not as much as I would have liked. Did I get out there and do it? Yes. Is that the important thing right now? Oh yes.
OK, time to make chili and some hot chocolate and hunker down to ride this out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...