Wednesday, May 5, 2010

5/5/10--How 'bout them apples?

Today's run: 6.03 miles (!!)
Week to date: 12.89 miles
Month to date: 12.89 miles

So, today was starting to become a bad day. And, I knew I had two ways of dealing with it. One involved sulking in my room. The other involved getting out there and taking out my frustrations on the streets and trails of Marquette. And, since I'm updating, I bet you can guess which option I went with.
Today also included another piece of what I will now call "Inspiration Wear"--I saved a long-sleeve tee from my senior season of high school track from the GoodWill pile when I was home this weekend. That was absolutely the year that I was the most successful and was in the best shape, so what better to wear on today's long run? (Especially since it's too warm for the All-Star toque.)
The run itself, aside from the distance, was pretty unremarkable. It was a nice jaunt around town, but I'd only mark it up as "average" in terms of how I was feeling.
But, hey, I ran 6 miles. I can't even tell you the last time I did that. So, yeah. I'm pretty pumped about that. And you know what? I do feel better now. Much more pro-active than sitting in my room watching a stupid movie and pouting.

1 comment:

  1. this = awesome. The fact that you are getting out there and pounding the pavement is awesome. You're doing great. Keep it up!

    Vegas is approaching sooner then you think. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...