Wednesday, August 18, 2010

8/18/10--Welcome Home

Well, I have relocated! I am now a resident of South Range, MI. :)

However, the work of packing and moving kept me from blogging my last 2 runs. Soooo... recaps!

8/13/10: 12 miles!!! :)
This was just plain hot. My clothes were soaked completely through when I finished. I did it minus my biking water boy, so I was dependent on drinking fountains around town. This was... OK. It meant no water until 2.5 miles, and no more after about 9. Again, I also used 2 Gu's, and I found that really helped both during the run and with recovery. Well, minus the dehydration. I felt like I had a minor hangover the rest of the day, and all together I drank: 3 big glasses of 1/2 water 1/2 apple juice, 2 big glasses of water, 1 1/2 bottles of red Powerade, and 1 Powerade bottle of water, and I STILL felt dehydrated. It was rough.
I also was playing with timing/pacing, and trying to keep my miles at around a 9:00-9:15 pace. Yeah, that stopped working after about 6. It was just too darn hot. All in all, I finished at about 2:05, which included stopping for water and 2 traffic crossing stops.
That was the last big distance run before the race! :) Now that I know I can do 12, I know I can do 13.1 :):)
8/16/10: 2 miles
Now relocated to the Copper Country, I headed out for my first run in my new area of residence. My left foot had been bugging me since Friday's run, and it wasn't getting any better due to the sheer amount of stair climbing and box lugging involved in the move. I really needed to get out, just to keep myself sane and get something accomplished. While I felt good about getting out, it was not good on my foot. I was sore the rest of the day. I'm in rest mode now, and I'm going to get out again tomorrow or Friday and see where it's at.

And now, mileage totals:
Week of 8/8-8/14: 20 miles
Week of 8/15-8/21 to date: 2 miles
August to date: 40 miles
Can she hit 70 on the month? Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...