Saturday, December 4, 2010

12/4/10--Anti-Anxiety

Happy Saturday!

I woke up this morning with the initial intention of going for another run, possibly even a long run after I saw that the shoulders of the highway were clear again. But, as I went through my morning routine of coffee, e-mail, and social media, I changed my mind. Mostly, it was because I had already ran 4 days and hit my mileage goal for the week of 15 miles. 15 is a really good number for me--I've been averaging maybe 10-12 on a good week lately, and I remember from my training this summer that I felt awesome on 15 mile weeks. I was also starting to feel little bits of soreness here and there, so I decided that today was going to be an indoor workout day.

Yesterday was not a good day for me (and thanks Janae and Tina for your kind words!). I spent most of the day in a grouchy, anxious, stomachaching ball. So, it just seemed all too fitting that this morning, an "Yoga for Anxiety" podcast came up on my Yogamazing podcast feed. And, you know what? It was exactly what I needed. It was challenging enough to remind me I was exercising, but still very soothing and relaxing. Plus, the stretching felt AMAZING on my tight muscles--I didn't even realize I was that tight!

And, because an inside day just isn't truly complete without a little Bob:



Today's My Trainer Bob challenge. It wasn't too bad, actually, except for the last part when I fell over twice trying to hold the plank. Whoops!

I also decided to bring back the Butt Burns challenge, too. Remember the last time I did this, when I decided to balance on 2 Harry Potter books? Well, today, I decided to search the bookshelf for better options.


Shelf #3= Brandon's Engineering textbooks.

Perfect!!

They were much more stable than Harry Potter.

And now, on to lunch!

Leftover pizza and a nice green salad. Yes, I used BBQ sauce for dressing, don't judge.
Have a great Saturday, all!! :)

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad the yoga podcast helped. Great job on reaching your mileage wahoo! I love your butt burns challenge...awesome.
    Yummy pizza and salad, you are my kind of girl.

    Just remember...YOU ARE AMAZING.
    Oh, and that apple you described to me....2 inches thick of toppings, I died.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...